Guardian Home Program
*We have Male Puppies available for Family Care homes, contact us for more information*
We are currently Looking for 2 very local family care homes. We have 2 boys available. Boys won’t need to come back and stay for long periods of time but they will need to come back more often. If your are in Helensburgh, Cardross, Balloch, Vale of Leven or Dumbartonshire and are interested, please get in touch.
In an effort for us to expand our breeding program, we offer a Guardian Home program. This allows us to continue with a top notch breeding program without raising of our dogs in a kennel environment.
Puppies, young adults or adults are sometimes made available to guardian homes. Puppies in Guardian homes have shorter breeding careers. After which, our guardian family will retain the dog for the life of the dog. Registration and ownership of the dog will be with Toradalriada Labradoodles until after the dog is spayed/neutered.
We do not charge for a family care home puppy’s.
Day to day expense, pet insurance and regular Veterinary care will be the responsibility of the Guardian home.
Breeding expenses and health testing pertinent to breeding will be the responsibility of Toradalriada Labradoodles.
As opposed to paying full price for a pet puppy, you will receive a ‘pick of litter’ puppy, chosen by us for free.
How to qualify as a guardian
- Be willing to feed what we feed our dogs and follow breeders recommendations for the dogs basic health care and veterinarian care, such as vaccine schedules, the use of certain medications, etc. and emergency care as needed.
- The primary care giver must have a schedule that will not cause the dog to be left home alone for long periods of time on a regular basis.
- No other intact dogs should ever be on the premises to prevent unwanted mating.
- No anticipated job transfers that remove the dog beyond this permitted mile radius, until the dog is six years old or spayed or neutered or both parties agree in writing.
- You must be willing to enforce basic obedience either through formal class training or training at home.
- You must have a fully fenced garden.
- You must be willing to openly communicate with us about any matter related to the dog and allow me to visit your home.
- You must be willing to work with us to complete health testing. Testing includes hips, eyes, cardiac, & blood test.
- Females will produce three to four litters (not more than one littler per year).
- You must be willing to work with us to coordinate the breeding of a female. During her gestation period, you will keep in close contact with us. You must agree not to take her to any public dog places such as a park to limit the chance of possible infection.
- Understand and agree that females will need to come back to us at about 7-8 weeks gestation and will give birth at our home. Females will be with us for about 7 weeks after giving birth and then will be returned to you. This will not be more than once per year. At six years of age or sooner the dog will be spayed and will then stay with you in their forever home.
If you can tick all the boxes, please contact us for more information.