Hi my name is Jackie and I am married to Douglas and have we have 3 children. We are located in Central Scotland near Loch Lomond in Argyll & Bute, 18 miles west of Glasgow and 40 miles from Edinburgh.
My family and I are animal mad! We currently live with our dogs, cat, 2 horses and our small flock of Ryeland Sheep.
As Labradoodle Breeders we wanted to offer our new adoptive homes a Labradoodle puppy that we knew would live up to the standards the public is reading and hearing about. The Australian labradoodle has received a lot of media attention and rightfully so. Australian labradoodles are a fairly new breed, the dogs being used as Dams and Sires are health tested for genetic soundness. The health and temperament of the dogs is at the forefront with Australian Labradoodle breeders.
I’m sure as many of you have, I spent hours looking at photos of beautiful shaggy coated labradoodles and I wanted to be able to breed puppies that would be similar in type and temperament. William was the first Australian labradoodle we imported and the first ever Australian Labradoodle in Scotland and one of the first in the UK. He was soon followed by the very handsome Angus. William and Angus gave us a great foundation for our breeding programs. We now have dogs from all over the world ensuring genetic diversity in our breeding programme.
We are Licenced breeders with Argyll and Bute Council and we have regular checks on our facilities. We are a Limited Company, pay tax and are VAT registered. We also are registered with The Animal and Plant Agency under the Balai Directive which is needed for sending puppies abroad.
As well as myself and Douglas, my daughter Beth currently runs the office after successfully finishing her Business and English degree at Stirling University. Beth has been brought up around our dogs her whole life and is familiar with all that we do.
We are also very lucky to work with a great team of vets and groomers locally.
Why Choose Us?
We brought the first Australian Labradoodle to Scotland and since then have provided many puppies to loving families. Most importantly, we stick to a specific code of ethics! Many of our dogs have went on to become Assistance dogs, PAT dogs and therapy dogs working in Schools and Hospitals.
- I shall at all times ensure all dogs under my control are properly housed, fed, watered, exercised and receive Veterinary care when required.
- I shall breed with the soundness of the Australian Labradoodle in mind and agree to test all breeding stock for hip dysplasia before any of their offspring leave my premises. I shall not breed with a dog diagnosed with hip dysplasia.
- I will not sell or trade my dog/s to any commercial animal wholesalers or retail pet dealers/traders.
- I shall not sell or dispose of a puppy under the age of 8 weeks. I will wean, desex non-breeding puppy(s).
- I shall use a permanent form of identification, either tattoo or microchip, on all puppies I sell or trade.
- I shall ensure to the best of my ability that all persons acquiring dogs from me clearly understand their responsibility for the care and welfare of the animal, and have made the necessary preparations for the keeping of the dog.
- I shall help educate potential purchasers regarding responsible dog ownership and offer to take back any dog bred by me for re-homing if unwanted for any reason at any time by the purchaser, or help the owner to find a new home for the dog if not urgent.
- I shall provide to the purchasers written details of dietary, training and veterinary care and/or an appropriate publication.
I shall not misrepresent the qualities of the Labradoodle or Australian Labradoodle including any guarantee of allergy friendliness and if any dog bred by me is sold on the understanding that it will not affect a person’s allergies and it does do so, then I will take back the dog and refund the purchaser’s purchase price, less my costs.
- I will breed the Australian Labradoodle responsibly and keep proper records of my breeding stocks offspring, as much as possible, with any genetic defects I might be notified of noted in my records. If I am made aware that a mating that I have done has produced a puppy with a life inhibiting genetic defect I will rearrange my breeding program to reflect responsible breeding to avoid future mating with that breeding pair to each other.
- I shall follow all laws pertaining to the care and keeping of dogs in my state and county.
- I shall not purposely breed from any bitch kept by causing it to be mated before it is twelve months of age or after six years of age.
- Protect the future of the Labradoodle and Australian Labradoodle
- Promote and protect the future of the Labradoodle and Australian Labradoodle
- Sustain and improve the health of the Labradoodle and Australian Labradoodle