Our Family Care Programme
About Family Care
In an effort for us to expand our breeding program, we offer a Guardian Home programme for our amazing Australian Labradoodle pups. This allows us to continue with a top notch breeding program without raising of our dogs in a kennel environment. Guardian homes are an important part of our breeding program. Eventually, every dog will retire from breeding. A dog who’s been raised in a guardian home is able to make a seamless transition to retirement because they already have their forever family. We would love to keep every potential breeding puppy we come across! Unfortunately for us, but fortunately for our Guardian Homes, we simply cannot give the love and attention to all the dogs all the time! Guardian Homes really create a win-win situation for us, the Guardian Family, and the dogs.
As a Guardian Home family you’ll also have the benefit of knowing your puppy is one that Tora Australian Labradoodles considers to be the very best. We don’t keep just any puppy for breeding, so you can rest assured the puppy you receive from our Guardian Home program shows all the personality qualities we are looking to pass down to future generations. Puppies, young adults or adults are sometimes made available to guardian homes. Puppies in Guardian homes have shorter breeding careers. After which, our guardian family will retain the dog for the life of the dog. Registration and ownership of the dog will be with Toradalriada Labradoodles until after the dog is spayed/neutered.
We do not charge for a family care home puppy’s. Day to day expense, pet insurance and regular Veterinary care will be the responsibility of the Guardian home. Breeding expenses and health testing pertinent to breeding will be the responsibility of Toradalriada Labradoodles. As opposed to paying full price for a pet puppy, you will receive a ‘pick of litter’ puppy, chosen by us for free.
How to qualify as a guardian
- Be willing to feed what we feed our dogs and follow breeders recommendations for the dogs basic health care and veterinarian care, such as vaccine schedules, the use of certain medications, etc. and emergency care as needed.
- The primary care giver must have a schedule that will not cause the dog to be left home alone for long periods of time on a regular basis.
- No other intact dogs should ever be on the premises to prevent unwanted mating.
- No anticipated job transfers that remove the dog beyond this permitted mile radius, until the dog is six years old or spayed or neutered or both parties agree in writing.
- Live within 1.5 hours drive of us.
- You must be willing to enforce basic obedience either through formal class training or training at home.
- You must have a fully fenced garden.
- You must be willing to openly communicate with us about any matter related to the dog and allow me to visit your home.
- You must be willing to work with us to complete health testing. Testing includes hips, eyes, cardiac, & blood test.
- Females will produce three to four litters (not more than one litter per year).
- You must be willing to work with us to coordinate the breeding of a female. During her gestation period, you will keep in close contact with us. You must agree not to take her to any public dog places such as a park to limit the chance of possible infection.
- Understand and agree that females will need to come back to us at about 7-8 weeks gestation and will give birth at our home. Females will be with us for about 7 weeks after giving birth and then will be returned to you. This will not be more than once per year. At six years of age or sooner the dog will be spayed and will then stay with you in their forever home.
Just a little note and a photo to show you what a lovely dog we bought from you. People every day stop me and ask what is he? a few really know him now and just call his name and he goes mad to see them. He really is a fab dog, and amazing with the kids, I took him to a cross country at Williams school and all the kids got down on the floor and Toffee just licked their ears and ran over them all, while the kids were laughing! he is that sweet. If we are walking anywhere and someone ignores him, he doesn’t understand why they don’t stop and admire him! He needs loads of excercise and is of course totally in charge, but all the furniture stayed in tact! which is good considering puppies eat most things! Another thing I thought I would mention is his vocals, he is always talking to me, which I love and does bark abit but its only playful. In short he is a really great dog and William wants a chocolate one to go with him!! Peter is not so sure at this moment but we are working on it!! Anyway hope all is well with you and your dogs. Take Care Liz.
Nessie has turned out to be a fantastic pet. She is really part of the family, she definitely thinks she is human and she takes her turn for a cuddle on my knee when the children have gone to bed! She is extremely soft and gentle with the children and she loves it when they play with her. She is very loyal and follows me around the house and lies next to me when I am working from home. She is having a lovely life here, she gets lots of walks on the moor where she can run free and chase all the birds and play with other dogs. We have trained her to come back to a whistle – which she mostly responds to quite well. She is full of character and much admired in the town where we live and has near celebrity status with the girls’ friends at school. I have never known a dog to be so soft, she has been a great addition to the family! Anna Dawson
"We could not have hoped for a better, happier dog. Jasper is so friendly, sociable and absolutely adorable. He is admired and petted wherever we go (which he loves). Thank you for breeding the most amazing dogs!"
"I am so in love with my big bear. I am so happy that I chose this breed. He is so clever funny loving and cheeky. If you want a happy, chilled, loving, fun, non aggressive, great walking buddy, kayaking buddy, great with kids and all animals then this breed is the one. Thank you for breeding these amazing dogs. They are truly the best."
"Your dogs are simply amazing. I’m sure you know that and I’m sure people tell you this all the time but you breed the most amazing dogs. Harriet is just over 2 years old and was from willow and dappers first litter. We moved back to New York in November and Harriet was a champ! And most importantly, we just had a baby last Friday and came home Sunday. And let’s just say Harriet is amazing.
She is so calm and patient. She is so gentle with the baby, she just wants to be near him, smell him, gently lick him (we have only given her access to his feet for now...) and look at him. She follows us around when we hold him, lays near us in bed when Rachael nurses him and looks for him in his bassinet if she cannot otherwise see him.
The other night he was crying and we wanted to see if it was a real cry or if he would quickly soothe but Harriet immediately climbed on us and licked our faces to get our attention focused on him. I guess she didn’t want him to self soothe.
We already thought we had the most amazing dog before our son was born but she has surpassed all expectations and so we just wanted to say thank you and let you know how amazing Harriet is.
"I just wanted to tell you that Cooper is really settled and has melted all our hearts! He's so friendly, chilled and playful,loves sniffing games and is just such a confident little fella! He's an absolute delight. He took to toilet training quickly, only 3 accidents in nearly two weeks so i think he's doing really well. He's allowed out and about on Monday next week and we can't wait to take him to lots of fun places. He is a dream to train, such a clever lad! Thanks for raising our super pup! "
"We researched for months to try and find the right breed for our family, then again for the right breeder. Toras ticked all of the boxes. They go over and above and nothing is too much trouble, answering every question informatively and with such detail. When you sign up for a Toras dog, you are signing up for years of expertise and the most beautiful natured breed. Their dogs are stunning and our boy Barry is no exception. He has changed our lives, the best decision we ever made. If you are deliberating, don’t, a Toras dog will enhance your life and introduce you to your best, most loyal friend for life."